Friday, November 28, 2008
a temporary addition...maybe
So the other night, my friend Tami invited me over to her friend's condo to watch Top Chef. This guy lives in the Castleberry district of downtown Atlanta; aka it's "transitional." As I pulled in, I saw a white dog by the gate acting very friendly. He acted the same way to the next guy that pulled in as well. 3 hours later when I left, the dog was at the door to the condo, just hoping someone would pay attention to him or give him something to eat. Having not been neutered and having no collar, I deemed whatever previous owners he had were not adequate and that I'd find him a new one. A quick call to make sure Syd said it was ok (a real "no duh" moment) and we were headed home. After a bit of whining and lots of pettins, he fell asleep in the backseat. That was the night before Thanksgiving and everyone's in love. We're still in the market for another home, one without three pissy cats, but that window of being able to let him leave is getting smaller and smaller. But for now...meet Rescue Pete (or RePete for short).







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And that's how it begins... You think it's only a hookup. You aren't looking for a relationship. And then you let him sleep over. Sooner or later he has a bed, then some toys, and then he's yours.
...do you have a dog bathing apparatus in your house?
Post a Comment